Our public schools have traditionally been the cornerstone of our country’s democratic values, teaching students how to think not what to think. No longer.
Today, no age group and no corner of our K-12 classrooms are immune from the left’s ideological aggression.
• At the Edina School District in Edina, Minnesota, all employees, even bus drivers, must take “Equity and Racial Justice Training” instructing them that “dismantling white privilege” is at the core of the district’s mission. They must acknowledge their racial guilt, and embrace the district’s “equity” ideology.
• To enhance “cultural diversity,” students at Maryland’s La Plata High School were ordered to copy the Islamic creed “Shahada” which states in part, “There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.” One worksheet distributed by the school stated, “Most Muslims’ faith is stronger than the average Christian.”
• An Ohio middle school teacher assigned his students to rank 12 individuals, described by race, profession, gender, religion and sexuality, by who is most deserving to survive an apocalypse on Earth. The potential survivors included “a racist armed police officer who is accused of using excessive force”; “a militant African-American medical student”; “a 21-year-old female Muslim international student”; and “a homosexual male professional athlete.”
• Public high schools in Newton, Massachusetts were sued by a coalition of parents after they discovered that their children had been given lessons from the Arab World Studies Notebook, a textbook which is funded by a Saudi Arabian oil company which also funds the terrorist groups Hamas and Al-Qaeda. This textbook falsely claims that there is a “Hollywood Jewish conspiracy” to portray Arabs negatively in film and that Jerusalem is “Palestine’s capital.”
• Maurice Sendak Community School, a public school located in Brooklyn, New York, hosted a “Drag Queen Story Hour” for first grade students during which adult males dressed as women read books to students. A teacher at the school commented, “During our debrief … students were preaching the incredible lessons they had learned, like ‘it’s OK to be different,’ and ‘there’s no such thing as “boy” and “girl” things.’”
It is imperative that we act now. If we lose our primary and secondary schools we will have lost everything.
To this end, the Freedom Center has initiated a new campaign to work with parents and legislators to adopt a Code of Ethics for K-12 Public Schools to end politicized teaching and classroom indoctrination. This campaign will educate the public about the extent of the threat to our educational system and our essential liberties and carry the fight directly into the political and legislative arena.
We have already had an early success in Virginia where State Delegate Dave La Rock has introduced HJ 117, a bill to establish a code of ethics and professional responsibility in the state’s public schools. Legislators in a growing list of additional states are also working to enact similar legislative measures.
The text of the K-12 Code of Ethics may be viewed here and we encourage you to read our new pamphlet, Leftist Indoctrination In Our K-12 Public Schools, which details the numerous ways and means by which the Left attempts to indoctrinate our nation’s children. We look forward to bringing you updates on the progress of this growing movement to halt the Left’s efforts to indoctrinate our youngest citizens.
Leave a Reply